What you should know
The Lintilhac Foundation is currently considering grant requests in these Core Giving Areas:
Land conservation, especially projects that include recreational access to backcountry lands, and integrative land use planning.
Healthy food and farming, with special focus on regenerative organic agriculture and local access to healthy food.
Water quality, with a special focus on advocacy and university-level scientific research.
Energy, with special focus on renewable energy policies.
To learn more, see these Core Giving Areas in What We Fund.
Within our Core Giving Areas, we consider requests for:
- Organizations serving the state of Vermont
- Project support, general operating expenses
- Grants between $5,000 and $30,000
- One-year funding
Our Legacy Giving is focused into two fields:
Women’s Reproductive Health
- Midwifery and lactation support
- Supporting women’s mental and emotional health, before and after childbirth
Media and civic engagement
- Current events
- Reflection and analysis of ongoing problems
- Education about the public policy process
- Legacy Giving grantees are selected by trustees. We do not accept unsolicited proposals, or unsolicited phone calls, email, or other forms of contact in regards to our Legacy Giving, and are unable to respond to such inquiries. Thank you for respecting this boundary.
In general, we do not accept proposals for:
- Unsolicited capital campaign projects that fall outside of our Core Giving Areas (such as building construction, renovation, equipment acquisition, or endowment fund).
- More than one proposal from an organization in any given year.
Lintilhac Foundation trustees appreciate the opportunity to conduct site visits with applicants. If you apply to the foundation, we may contact you to schedule a visit to the field.